There is a lot to be done when it comes to wedding planning, and flowers are a big part of the wedding celebration. Here is a general checklist of things you want to do when arranging all the various floral elements for your big day.
Things To Do:
- Do research and bookmark inspiration photos of flowers and various floral designs that you like.
- Schedule appointments to interview florists.
- Come to a final decision and hire a florist.
- Sign contract and send a copy to florist.
- Make a deposit to florist.
- Provide color palette and style inspiration to your florist.
- Give table size to florist so that the centerpieces can be sized and arranged accordingly.
- Provide florist with swatches of dresses/table linens so that complementary bouquets and floral arrangements can be created.
- Make selections for all floral items, which include: personal flowers, ceremony site flowers, and reception flowers.
- Provide measurement of the ceremony aisle length if the florist is providing runner.
- Schedule appointment to see floral mock-ups. This gives you and your florist the chance to make any necessary adjustments.
- Discuss, review, and confirm final details, including the number of bouquets, boutonnieres, centerpieces, and so on.
- Finalize and confirm date, times, and delivery locations with florist.
- Create a list of who will receive the bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres, and assign someone to oversee this on the wedding day.
- Ask florist for a contact number for your wedding day.
- Make the final payment